PRO Certification Transfer/Renewal
Certifications from other remodeling organizations are recognized by PRO and may be transferred ONE time and renewed thereafter by PRO. Transferring your certification from another association does not affect the certification issued by the original association. Use the PRO Certification Transfer and Renewal Application to start the process.
Certification Period and Fee
Your new certification transfer will be valid for whatever time still remains on your current industry certification plus ONE YEAR for a FEE of $50, payable upon application to your local PRO Affiliate. Certification renewals will be valid for ONE YEAR. NOTE: Please circle TRANSFER or RENEWAL here to indicate the use of this form.
Please complete the form and return it with your payment to email@example.com or mail it to PRO Mid Atlantic, PO Box 3462, Merrifield, VA 22116
PRO Continuing Education Requirements
PRO measures continuing education in PRO Units. One hour of approved continuing education earns one PRO Unit. Twelve (12) PRO Units are required for Certification renewal each year. PRO offers a variety of approved options to meet this requirement, including in-person affiliate-based meetings and training sessions. Seminars provided by PRO members that build industry knowledge are accepted as long as they are not product specific training.
Of the 12 required PRO Units
- Six (6) PRO Units are required that are seminar/classroom based, either in person or virtual, on topics directly related to your Certification.
- Up to Three (3) PRO Units may be provided by subscription to and reading of industry related Trade Publications.
- Up to Six (6) PRO Units for writing an article or blog post for Trade Publications or PRO Website.
- Up to Six (6) PRO Units may be provided by serving your local or National PRO organization, One (1) unit for each committee or board meeting attended.
- Up to six (6) hours of Community service directly related to the remodeling industry, such as working on a Habitat for Humanity or Rebuilding Together Project.
The requirements and conditions of certification are set by the PRO Certification Board. This board is composed of members from each PRO Affiliate to establish uniform requirements and conditions on the PRO, Inc Education Committee level. Your new certification will be issued and administered by your local PRO Affiliate by the authority granted from the PRO Certification Board.
Transferring your certification
The requirements and conditions to transfer your certification are:
- PRO Certifications are limited to Owners and employees of PRO Member Companies.
- A Valid Certification issued by NARI, NAHB, or NKBA that is current or within one year of its last renewal.
- You may submit a certification issued by a remodeling organization not listed above to the PRO Certification Board for consideration to transfer the Certification. Decisions by the PRO Certification Board may be appealed to the PRO, Inc. Board of Directors. The PRO, Inc. Board of Directors’ decision is final.
- Submission of 12 PRO Units of approved continuing education. Approved continuing education programs may be remodeling business or trade related seminars, either in person or virtual, offered by PRO or any other trade association or private business that builds industry knowledge. Specific product based and installation training education is not an approved program. Reading Trade Publications may only account for one quarter (1/4) of the required 12 hours.
- Acceptance and Adoption of the PRO Code of Ethics as a Certified Professional.
The following Certifications are eligible for transfer:
|PCPM||Certified Project Manager||CRPM|
|MPKBD||Master Kitchen and Bath Designer||CKBR||CKD/CBD|