Advocating for our members
PROs work together to navigate issues. We help you build relationships in the municipalities where you work.
PRO makes your projects easier
During the pandemic our members had multiple opportunities to meet with local zoning officials in Fairfax and DC through online meetings initiated by PRO, and now the events are quarterly. We’re working to establish relationships in other municipalities.
Our Government Affairs and Workforce Development Committees are always looking for ways to support our members. Currently the committee’s main initiatives include:
- Developing a monthly Zoom meeting schedule to discuss relevant issues with DCRA officials
- Scheduling quarterly Zoom meetings with Fairfax County Permitting officials
- PRO Members can use the PRO Google Group to get advice, share information regarding codes and permitting, and draw on fellow members’ relationships with local municipalities.
- Collaborating with Maryland Building Industry Association (MBIA) with their Residential Carpenter Apprentice Program. The program provides an opportunity for apprentices to learn in-demand construction skills and earn a good, living wage. PRO is collaborating with MBIA to engage member companies in Maryland and Virginia to help these aspiring carpenters and give them real world experience. Maryland offers businesses valuable support through tax credits and financial incentives to help build a reliable pipeline of qualified workers.
- Supporting the efforts of the Alexandria Seaport Foundation and placing two of their apprentice carpenters on PRO member’s teams.
- Members can post job descriptions on PROs job board